Manuscript Assessment - Terms & Conditions
- Manuscripts are to be submitted in Word. Please note that fonts and spacing may be changed to 1.5 or double spacing for ease of assessment.
- Assessments are delivered within two weeks of manuscript and payment being received, where possible. Where this is not possible, you will be told during the booking process, and before payment is made.
- A manuscript assessment consists of a report of approximately 1,000 words. There may also be notes and comments made in the margins of your manuscript for demonstration purposes, where appropriate.
- Phone calls to discuss the assessment beforehand will be limited to ten minutes duration. It is not possible to enter into extensive discussion after an assessment either by phone or email, beyond quick enquiries.
- The author's copyright of the manuscript will be respected at all times and the manuscript will not be distributed or used for any purposes other than the assessment.
- Copyright of the assessment report remains with Fiona Stocker. The report should not be published, distributed or used without approval.
- Fiona Stocker reserves the right to decline to provide an assessment service without further correspondence.
- A manuscript assessment does not guarantee successful publication, competition results, or any other form of recognition or success. It is intended to help the author in polishing their work and lifting it for further drafts and submissions.
- Fiona Stocker does not offer any services in approaching publishers, and is not connected to any publishing organisations.